It seems to be the done thing at the moment, plus embitteredpoet
has requested it, so I thought I'd tell you about what's going on in my life atm.
- I now live in Bermondsey, London (in case any of you missed that). I like London, I love walking about London. Especially along the South Bank between Tower Bridge and the Tate. It's nothing special but it's a lovely stroll to the library.
I have only missed Oxford once. I still, despite living away from home since 2004, get a bit home sick sometimes, but mostly in a good way.
- I am in month 8 of 12 of my Ma in Environment, Politics and Globalisation. I am struggling to maintain motivation and this makes me feel like a complete failure (despite the fact I'm not failing it at all). I think it's because I always wanted to do a postgrad, and kind of labelled myself as an academic, and it turns out I'm not.
- I work 12 hours a week for L'Occitane
, a French smellies and cosmetic company on King's Road. If anyone wants a 40% discount I'm sure we can sort something out.
It provides enough money to pay my share of the bills and buy some food, but that's about it. I miss having money, more than I ever thought I would.
The work is easy, but I sometimes see someone from University walking by the shop and have to hide. I am still not comfortable with my successes and achievements, and cannot stop, despite trying, comparing myself to others, leading to more feelings of failure and Doom.
- Andrzej and I will have been together 6 years in the Autumn. I am a great big cliche and love him more than ever, but have no desires to get married or have children. I feel like I'm wasting my youth enough already without wanting any of the organisational mayhem of either of those things. However, I do enjoy attending weddings, and not just for the free food.
- I'm not being very creative at the moment, not sewing, not cooking, not baking. It's a shame, but I know inspiration will return when I'm being more productive. I am going to make quiche this evening though, leek and bacon. Nom.
- I need a holiday, luckily I have one planned :) At the end of May I will be spending a week near St David's fishing, walking, eating, drinking and swimming in a freezing cold sea.
My favourite things at the moment:
- Tea (as always)
- Board games (especially Citadel, Carcasonne and Pandemic). If anyone ever wants to come play awesome board games, let me know.
- Free stuff
My least favourite things:
- The council pollarding the trees outside our flat. No more spring leaves for us :(
- Some rotter stealing my parcel. Grrrr.
More good things than bad. Excellent.